While our building remains closed, we are now accepting returns in our outdoor book drop, and are taking requests for items for Curbside Pickup. Click here for more information.
You are here
Our Children's Room is designed to support the development of the 5 early literacy or pre-reading skills: talk, sing, read, write, and play! It contains two special play spaces: the FFL Family Room, and the Little Makers area.
FFL Family Room
The Family Room is designed primarily for babies through kindergartners and contains:
- A white board wall that supports scribbling, drawing and writing
- A train table for pretend playing and the development of social and emotional skills like taking turns and sharing
- Duplo blocks for building, to support play and math skills
- Puzzles, for play and building mathematical skills like spatial awareness
- Comfy chairs for shared reading
- A chalkboard easel for drawing and writing
- Large cardboard blocks for building/playing
- "Animal Hospital" stand for pretend play and talking
- Gaming Stations to encourage play and the development of social and emotional skills like taking turns and sharing
- AWE computers loaded with educational games