The library will be closing early today, Friday, 12/14. The library will close at noon.
You are here
Our Children's Room is designed to support the development of the 5 early literacy or pre-reading skills: talk, sing, read, write, and play! It contains two special play spaces: the FFL Family Room, and the Little Makers area.
FFL Family Room
The Family Room is designed primarily for babies through kindergartners and contains:
- A white board wall that supports scribbling, drawing and writing
- A train table for pretend playing and the development of social and emotional skills like taking turns and sharing
- Duplo blocks for building, to support play and math skills
- Puzzles, for play and building mathematical skills like spatial awareness
- Comfy chairs for shared reading
- A chalkboard easel for drawing and writing
- Large cardboard blocks for building/playing
- "Animal Hospital" stand for pretend play and talking
- Gaming Stations to encourage play and the development of social and emotional skills like taking turns and sharing
- AWE computers loaded with educational games