While our building remains closed, we are now accepting returns in our outdoor book drop, and are taking requests for items for Curbside Pickup. Click here for more information.
You are here
Special Services for Teachers
Special services offered to teachers and educators include:
- Resources for class units and projects: Tell us about your upcoming unit or class assignment, and we will gather books and materials for you as needed! Then come pick up a whole stack at your convenience.
- Customized booklists: Receive reading and resource lists by topic and grade level
- Primary sources: Our Local History Room has lots of these to help students with assignments; plus check out our primary source documents online
- Online resources: We subscribe to online resources to help your students with their assignments
- Extended loan periods: Check out classroom materials for up to 6 weeks at a time
- Curriculum-alligned collections: We develop our collections of materials with the needs of teachers, parents and educators in mind!
Experience our Makerspaces
Fab Lab: Come make stickers, decals, wall art, tote bags, 3D printed objects, and more for your classroom! Or, bring your class in to see cutting edge technologies! The Fab Lab contains 7 3D printers printers, a vinyl cutter, sewing machines, K’nex kits, paper craft tools, jewelry making tools, knitting & crochet kits, and more.
Creation Lab: Come make videos, podcasts, and more. The Creation Lab contains a green screen wall, video and audio creation and editing hardware and software, and the Adobe Creative suite.
Little Makers: Discover, create, and build in this free play area for makers ages 5-8. The toys and programs found here facilitate the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and STEM skills.
Field Trips & Classroom Visits
Field trips: Bring your class to the library for specialized tours and lessons. We can customize your visit to meet the needs of your class!
Classroom Visits: Let us come to you and get your class excited about the library, summer reading, and more!
Reserve a 3D Printer: You can schedule time up to 2 months in advance to bring your class to learn how this new technology works and see it in action!
Contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about any of the above opportunities
After School Enrichment
We offer after-school clubs and programs for your students, that support literacy and STEM learning skills development, such as:
- Creation Club: For students grades 6-9. Create and edit videos, podcasts, images, 3D models and more
- Secret Science Club: For students grades 6-9. Crack the secret code, and do fun science experiments and projects!
- Creation Club Jr.: For students grades 3-5. Learn to create and edit videos, podcasts, images, 3D models and more
- Mission: Lego: For students grades 5-8. Learn to build and program LEGO robots to complete specific missions!
- Lego Brainstorms: For students grades 3-5. Join us for an introduction to LEGO Robotic programming followed by a mission challenge.
- Little Makers: For children ages 5-8, these hands-on programs facilitate the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and STEM skills