Our patrons are our top priority. In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 the FFL is closed until further notice. For more detailed information please click here
You are here
- FFL Fab Lab
Fab Lab FAQs
The FFL Fab Lab is our Fabulous Laboratory where resources are available for fabrication or making things.
The Fab Lab contains all kinds of hardware and software for making things! This includes:
3D Printing & Scanning:
- 5 FlashForge Finder 3D printers
- 2 FlashForge Guider II 3D printers
- 1 Stratasys Mojo Desktop 3D printers
Digital Cutting and Engraving
- Epilog Laser cutter can cut and engrave wood, acrylic, fabric, leather, plastic, rubber, fiberglass and more. Can also engrave glass, coated or painted metals, ceramic, marble, and more.
- Shapeoko 2 3D Carving (CNC milling) machine can carve materials such as wood, plastic, and aluminum
- Graphtec RoboPro Craft vinyl cutter for cutting vinyl
- Cricut machine and cartridges for paper cutting
- 9 sewing machines
- Ironing boards & irons
- Rotary cutters, cutting mats, fabric scissors, pins, thread, community-donated fabric
- Button Maker (blank buttons available for purchase in 1" or 2 1/4" sizes)
- Laminator (lamination pouches available for purchase in Letter, Legal, or 11.5"x17" sizes)
- Paper crafting tools: Ellison machine, paper punches, paper edging tools, stamps, crayons, markers, colored pencils, paper, sketch pads, paint, tape, glue, and more
- Jewelry making tools: Bead boards & looms, pliers sets, craft drills, hole punches, and jewelry making kits (available to loan)
- Knitting & Crocheting tools: Learn to knit kits, learn to crochet kits, loom knitting kits, sock loom kits (available for loan)
- Baking tools: Cake Pans (available for loan)
- Hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, cutting tools, measures & levels, etc.
- Soldering irons, wire cutters, strippers, vises, solder suckers, multimeters, etc.
- Arduino boards
STEM Learning Kits:
- Little Bits Kits: starter kits & extended kits
- Snap Circuits Jr. kits
- K'Nex Kits: Classroom Set, K-8 Construction Set, Amusement Park Adventure Set, and Intro to Structures: Bridges kits (4)
- Gaylord STEM learning kits: Sterling Engine Kit, Photovoltaic Kit, Fuel Cell Kit, Experiment Kit
- Professional 3D design software: Solidworks (available on PCs); Rhino (available on Macs)
- Free 3D design software: Sketchup, Blender, Tinkercad
- Free 3D conversion software: Makerware
Designing Vector Graphics (for laser cutting and/or milling)
- Sure Cuts A Lot Pro
- Graphtec Robo Master Pro
- Lynda.com & Webucator - Online tech learning courses
Kits and Tools available to check out
FFL Fab Lab Kits & Tools are loaned for 21 days, with 2 possible renewals. Patrons can put them on hold. Borrowers will be charged 20¢/day for late returns.
- Jewelry Making Kits
- Learn to Sew Kits
- My First Sewing Kits (for kids)
- Sock Loom Knitting Kit
- Loom Knitting Kits
- Wilton Cake Pans
- Kill-A-Watt Energy Meters
No! You can use the Fab Lab for free. We just charge a small amount if you want to use certain materials.
Table of fees:
3D Printer Plastic:
- Replicator PLA: 5¢ per gram
- MoJo - $6.00/cubic inch + $3.00/build plate
- 8.5"x11"- 75¢/sheet
- 12"x24"- $1.50/sheet
- High tack transfer tape - $1.50/foot
- 6"x12" or 8.5"x11"- 25¢/sheet
- 12"x12"- 50¢/sheet
- 3 mil letter size - 50¢/sheet
- 3 mil legal size - 75¢/sheet
- 3 mil 11.75x17.5 (double letter) - $1.00/sheet
- 50¢/ 1" button
- $1/ 2.25" button
Please view our Maker Agreement for a list of all the policies and procedures associated with using the FFL Fab Lab.
Yes, we offer many programs that utilize the tools and technology available in our makerspaces. Check our calendar to see what events are coming up soon!
Yes, we accept the following "like-new" items for donation: paper plates; paper lunch bags; paper towel rolls; duct tape; scissors; crayons; colored pencils; stickers; school glue; unopened glue sticks, and markers. We accept additional items on an as-needed basis.
Please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Fab Lab Hours
The Fab Lab is now open all hours the library is open! Computers shut down 15 minutes before closing time.
Mon-Thurs: 9am - 9pm
Fri: 10am - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm (10am -2pm in July & August)
Sun: 1pm - 5pm (Closed Sun. in July & August)
May 11, 2020
May 11, 2020
May 12, 2020
May 13, 2020