You are here
The FFL is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals with technical abilities and a dedication to customer service to join its current team of part-time Circulation Clerks. As a Circulation Clerk, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Be the face of the library and create a friendly, welcoming environment through positive interactions with our patrons
- Utilize the library’s automated circulation system to check in and check out books and other materials
- Assist patrons with additional circulation desk procedures such as registering for library cards, renewing items, locating and accessing library materials, placing holds, and answering ready reference and routine library questions via face-to-face and phone interactions
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
This position is uniquely designed for graduate students pursuing their library science, education, communications, engineering, or technology degree or students in a closely related field. Recent or soon-to-be college graduates considering a career in libraries, education, technology, or a similar field of study are also encouraged to apply.
To apply, email your letter of interest, resume and references to:
Heather Matzel, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity requires the flexibility to work daytime, evening and weekend hours as needed.
Please be advised that circulation desk duties involve standing and lifting/moving up to 40lb bins of books.
We know that you have unique ideas, skills, and perspectives, and we want your internship experience to utilize all of them. Have an idea? Great! Have lots of interest or enthusiasm, but nothing concrete? That’s great, too! At the FFL you will work one on one with a member of the FFL professional team to create a customized internship plan. If you can dream it, we can do it! We have hosted interns for the following areas:
- STEAM and Making
- Participatory Programming
- Marketing & Publicity
- Partnerships & Outreach
- Grant Writing
- Local history and Digitization
- Archives and Preservation
- Services to Special Populations
- Reference and Instruction
- Collection Development and Access
- Reader’s Advisory and Displays
- Children’s Programs and Services
- Teen Programs and Services
- And more!
To apply, email your cover letter & resume to Leah Kraus at email@example.com
This opportunity is for students interested in unpaid, for credit, experiential learning.